REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) FOR HIRING A CONSULTING FIRM FOR SUPERVISION SERVICES OF INFRASTRUCTURE CONSTRUCTION WORKS FOR RUGARAMA, MASAKA AND KABUGA II AFFORDABLE HOUSING PROJECTS (REFERENCE NO: 009/06/2021/BRD/HC&CS/PU)
The Government of Rwanda (GOR) recognizes the rights for its citizens to access decent and affordable housing. As a result, a strong policy framework and program to support the development of affordable housing projects was established. The Affordable housing program aims at not only addressing the existing housing backlog but also meeting the rising housing demand for Rwandans, Servicing of affordable housing sites with basic infrastructure was identified by the Government as one of the enabling factors to the development and supply of affordable housing.
- Objective of the assignment:
The objective of this consultancy is to provide supervision services for the successful implementation of infrastructure construction works for Rugarama, Masaka and Kabuga Il Affordable Housing projects.
- Scope of work
The scope of the consultancy is to carry out the supervision of civil, electrical, and mechanical works for Rugarama (497 units on 5.6Ha), Masaka (278 units on 5Ha) and Kabuga Il (52 units on 1 Ha) Affordable Housing projects. The assignment consists of overseeing and supervising of the following:
- Construction of civil works namely internal access roads, retaining walls, drainage channels, and landscaping. These works shall be executed by a designated contractor in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contract signed with the projects in respect to scope, cost, time, and
- Water supply, wastewater drainage and treatment system and rainwater harvesting system Firefighting System
- Power supply namely medium voltage overhead lines, underground cables, transformer installation & street lighting undertaken by the contractor
- Implementation of Environmental and Social management Plan (ESMP) and Resettlement Action Plan (RAP)
- Contract duration:
The contract duration will be 14 calendar months including two (2) months to review the technical studies and designs and preparation of the final reports and final accounts with limited key staff. To this end, the total contract period will be 14 months with 152 staff-months in total for all key staff.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be found at the following website link: Terms of Reference
The Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD) now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are the following:
- General Experience of the firm in infrastructure construction works design and supervision
- At least having accomplished three (3) similar assignments in Eastern Africa or in developing countries in design and supervision of infrastructure construction works.
- Demonstrated success in design and supervision of infrastructure construction works for both local and international
- The technical and managerial organization of the firm. (Provide only the structure of the organization, general qualifications, and number of key staff. Do not provide CV of staff).
N.B: Key Experts will not be evaluated at the shortlisting stage and at least the best five (05) firms will be shortlisted for the next stage.
- Selection process
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 revise November 2017, August 2018 and November 2020) (“Consultant Guidelines”) setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost-Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Interested Consultants are invited to download:
The expression of interest must be delivered in written form addressed to the Chief Executive Officer of Development Bank of Rwanda on the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org and copying to the email@example.com not later than 6/08 /2021 at 5:00pm Kigali time (GMT +2).
|Nadine TETA MBABAZI
Head of Human Capital and Corporate Services
Chief Executive Officer