In order to achieve this vision, the Bank’s new strategic plan (2018-2024) outlines three (3) key strategic themes;
- Operational Excellence
- Strategic Partnerships
- Dynamic Culture
To help accomplish this ambitious and exciting vision, The Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD) would like to recruit suitable qualified candidates to fill the following positions:
|· Take the lead on the Bank’s research and economic analysis activities; applied research policy development:
· Lead the monitoring and collation of key economic data covering the economy into Suitably organized information to inform, guide and assure the relevance and technical quality of economic research in the bank’s operations Lead the monitoring and collation of key
· Provides economic analysis needed for project design and appraisal in the priority sectors- thereby helping BRD management make informed decisions on economic viability of projects
· Provide timely advisory services to management, staff and the Board on a range of economic issues to facilitate decision making at strategy and operational levels;
· Provide strategic cross cutting support to BRD Management on lending operations and a broad range of analytical and advisory services;
· Provides vital economic information and projections into the banks strategy development; provides intellectual leadership working with the CEO, SCO and BRD management to define, shape and continuously assess achievement of the banks strategic direction;
· Provides intellectual leadership, management oversight and quality assurance into the resource mobilization, conceptualization, development and execution of a pipeline of sector projects in coordination with the Bank’s Management team, and in alignment to the Bank’s strategy
· Oversees/directs the process of assessing and projecting the impact of proposed investments to socio economic development as well as quantifying the post-social economic impact of the Bank’s intervention in the economy;
· Provides strategic advice to the Banks Management team and leads the economic dialogue with the Government authorities, development partners and other stakeholders in Rwanda
· Provides intellectual leadership for the bank in national and regional meetings to understand and influence national and regional policy development that will facilitate the bank’s development initiatives;
· Monitor developments in the economy, research and analyses the country’s economic, financial and sector issues;
· A Master’s degree or postgraduate qualification in Economics, Development economics, or any relevant qualification with a strong economics training.
Experience and Skills
· Sound experience of at least 5 years as a Research Economist, preferably in the Financial Services Industry and sound experience in Development economics.
· Knowledge of broad analytical techniques, such as statistics, econometrics, as well as mathematical and operations research tools. The ability to analyze and draw reasonable inferences from the analyses of financial and economic data;
· Sound project analysis and appraisal skills, including experience using cost benefit analysis techniques, understanding of PPP methodologies etc
· Knowledge of economic modelling and statistical software necessary for analyzing large volumes of statistical data (e.g. SPSS, STATA, MICROFIT etc.);
· Demonstrated effectiveness in conducting policy dialogue on economic issues with Senior government officials, the private sector, donor representatives and civil society;
· Strong analytical skills and proven capacity to produce and manage knowledge products in a multisector environment;
· Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage Human resources to attain goals;
· Ability to build partnerships and deliver results in a timely fashion that meet the needs and long-term interest of clients within and outside the institution.
|· Plans, organizes and implements accounting operations and objectives;
· Coordinates and integrates all activities towards achievement of established goals and objectives;
· Supervises, trains and evaluates accounting professionals, and entry-level accounting and support staff;
· Ensures all functions and programs under charge are performed within established budgetary parameters to include performing cost control activities, monitoring revenues and expenditures, and ensuring sound fiscal control;
· Performs accounting work according to IFRS, established procedures, departmental guidelines, and regulatory requirements applicable to the work;
· Prepares critical regulatory and fiscal documentation and ensures that the bank complies with statutory and regulatory requirements including BNR reporting and returns are submitted on time, RRA declarations, and RSSB declarations are also submitted timely;
· Generates various financial system reports for audit purposes and ensures accuracy, e.g., revenue accounting, payroll processing, and accounts payable;
· Maintains and reconciles balance sheet accounts for all line items;
· Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual revenue and expenditure reports;
· Leads all the accounting functions of the Department;
· Generating lists of recoveries made through IPPIS-EFMIS linked payments and those declarations from loan beneficiaries not repaying through IPPIS (e.g privately employed);
· Weekly bank reconciliation for all bank accounts;
· Plans, manages, coordinates, and implements the year end closing processes and procedures for the assigned accounting records; conducts year-end closing process; provides information to financial auditors; conducts standard verification of various accounting records;
· Ensures adherence to IFRS and principles; ensures maintenance of proper audit trails and verification and reconciliation actions for all processed work;
· Evaluates revenues and expenditures for ensuring compliance with established regulatory standards;
· Performs verification and reconciliation tasks for invoices/balances according to department checks and procedures
· Prepares a variety of reports and related information for decision-making purposes;
· Provides technical accounting support and interpretation to management and employees;
· Ensure full tax compliance through the timely preparing, declaring and payment of taxes;
· Managing all accounting documents for all revenues and expenses incurred by the Department of Education Finance;
· Ensuring authenticity and completeness of supporting documents for any payment made;
· Coordinates activities with other departments and work groups as needed to expedite the work with both internal and external audits.
· A minimum of bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
· Proof of any further training in an accounting profession (ACCA, CPA) will be an added advantage.
Experience and Skills
· 5 years relevant managerial experience preferably in a banking environment, financial services sector or education sector;
· Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards, and International Standards on Auditing required;
· Knowledge of Rwanda tax legislation;
· Computer literacy with proficiency in spreadsheets and accounting software;
· Fluency in spoken/written English;
· High integrity and strong character;
· Team leader with good communication, influencing & interpersonal skills, & ability;
· To supervise and develop others;
· Problem solver with strong analytical and numeracy skills;
|IT Systems Auditor
|· Performs a variety of technical and complex auditing activities of automated information systems and operations;
· Document and analyze various procedures for the area to be audited; test production and application system; and make recommendations for incorporating adequate and cost-effective controls;
· Review and recommend appropriate audit trails of automated systems in the process of development;
· Perform comparative studies and evaluate effectiveness of procedures;
· Review distributed/centralized systems for reliability of output, adequacy of controls and adherence to established standards of operation;
· Audit information processing operations;
· Provide training and technical support for non-information technology audit staff;
· Prepare a variety of technical and analytical reports and correspondence, documenting findings and recommendations;
· Guide on emerging operational, legal and regulatory compliance matters.
Experience and Skills
|Talent Management Speciality
|· Develop and maintain the bank’s talent strategy that covers full employment cycle:
· Talent Acquisition: identification of business talent demands, Talent profiling, capability planning, Recruitment strategy, On-boarding and induction,
· Staff performance management programs; employee engagement programs, and use of technology;
· Employee Development: Learning and Development Framework, Coaching and Mentoring programs, Leadership programs, talent exchange programs;
· Employee Retention: Career path framework, succession planning processes, remuneration strategy and policy and other innovative motivational programs,
· Work collaboratively with the bank’s leadership team and Human Capital team to develop and implement respective programs;
· Work and partner with Division managers to make sure that BRD has leadership pipe line of internal leaders available at all levels to meet current and future business requirements;
· Responsible for designing appropriate programs to attract, motivate, develop and retain BRD’s most talented staff who are assessed as having potential to make a difference to the banks organizational performance;
· Facilitate and support management teams to create/ strengthen effective teams through use of tools, regular team building activities and ensure BRD has an engaged environment;
· Advocate for innovative and dynamic solutions, practices that improve employee effectiveness, employee engagement and continuous improvement;
· Responsible for facilitating Division managers to prepare and implement learning and development programs;
· Educate managers on individual development best practices and facilitate the overall implementation of career mapping of high potentials, emerging leaders and managers as per the succession plans;
· Establish succession-planning strategies for identifying, developing, and promoting high potential and high performing staff;
· Lead the performance review process and provide guidance to managers to ensure effectiveness and provide timely advisory services to management, staff and the Board on a range of Talent Development and management issues to facilitate decision making at strategic and operational levels;
· Provides vital talent management information and projections into the banks strategy development;
· Provide intellectual leadership working with the HR and Talent manager, CHCAS and BRD management to define, shape and continuously assess achievements of the banks Talent development and management agenda.
· A master’s degree in development finance, project management, Social Sciences, HR management and industrial Psychology, Business Administration or related field;
|Market & Balance Sheet Risk Analyst
|· Analyze and report the balance sheet risks and propose mitigation measures;
· Assist to develop policies related to balance sheet risks management;
· Analyze the interest rate, foreign exchange, liquidity and other risks embedded in the Bank’s balance sheet;
· Prepare periodic CAMELS report;
· Analyze and quantify changes in the interest rate and liquidity risks and prepare periodic reports;
· Determine the bank’s Market risk capital requirement using advanced measurement approach (AMA) methodology;
· Prepare periodic reports the management ALCO of the Bank and Risk Committee of the Board of Directors;
· Analyze and report on the market developments, and Support in implementation; of the Bank’s liquidity and market risk exposure policies
· Monitoring Stress Test and Value-at-Risk Exposures for Foreign Currency and Interest Rate Risks;
· Assist in conducting annual liquidity /market risk limits assessment
· Develop liquidity and funding stress tests;
· Improve liquidity risk measurement practices from time to time;
· Assess all market and balance sheet related risks by conducting financial researches;
· Employ computer programs related to statistical analysis for proper risk assessment and analysis;
· Proffer professional assistance and advice on related mathematical models that help the Bank to valuate financial instruments, optimize problems, and model market behaviors;
· Assess the Asset and Liability management and guide the Bank.
· A master’s Degree in finance, Economics, Banking, Business Administration, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, statistics or related discipline.
· A professional qualification in risk management is an added advantage.
Experience and Skills
· At least 3 years’ experience in financial services, preferable in an investment bank, or investment-oriented institution in similar role.
· Extensive knowledge and experience in treasury and budget management
· Strong understanding of risk management products such as swaps, options, futures, forwards and other derivatives.
· Expert knowledge of foreign currency and interest rate risks modelling.
· Strong understanding of Value-at-Risk computations.
· Strong understanding of Basel II and III frameworks.
· Good analytical skills of the local, regional and international financial environment
· Good understanding of the best Asset and Liabilities planning practices.
· High level of accuracy in the evaluating financial records and documents
|Credit Risk Officer
|Provide the REF Project Manager with support covering the credit strategy, portfolio management, policies, procedures, processes and products;
Experience and Skills
|Data Base Application Officer
Experience and Skills
Experience and Skills
|IT Security and Risk Manager (1 )||
· Ensure all controls are assigned control owners to establish accountability.
· A master’s Degree in information technology, Computer Science or related discipline.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 4 to 5 years of working experience in IT security and Risk management
- Experience in auditing is preferred
- Experience in the financial/banking industry is preferred.
- Certification in Information Security is preferred.
- Report writing skills are required.
- Must be able to summarize and communicate technical data to a non-technical audience.
- Excellent Working knowledge of up- to -date desktop applications and server security
- Knowledge of Windows servers, Workstations.MS Exchange, VMware, Citrix, anti-Virus and other various software applications
Operational Risk Officer (1)
- Develop, plan and implement the operational risk management framework (identification, assessment, measurement, monitoring and reporting of operational risk) to support the delivery of the Bank’s strategic plan;
- Exhibit leadership in collaboration with business partners to identify the operational risk incidents with root cause analysis by challenging internal business partners on the risks, controls and potential impacts of the incidents;
- Proactively provide specialist operational risk advice and constructive challenge to the wider operational risk management team (Risk Champions);
- Develop models and tools for assessing, evaluating and monitoring operational risks to ensure that all exposures are addressed;
- Minimize the Bank’s exposure to operational risks by assessing, mitigating, monitoring & report Key risk indicators and related operational risk exposures;
- Lead business continuity and disaster recovery planning and ensure that business continuity plans are updated and tested on a regular basis;
- Collate, challenge and report on aggregate risk profile, control effectiveness and actions taken in line with the Entreprise Risk Management to Board Risk Committee;
- Lead the assessment and establishment of controls on computerised systems to protect the Bank against technology risks as well as internal and external fraud;
- Use professional knowledge, experience and skills to influence, guide, monitor and credibly challenge as appropriate the risks decisions;
- Design and implement the annual operational risk control and self-assessment process (RCSA), enabling the business lines to identify, develop and report their specific risks and controls in line with regulatory requirements, the bank’s risk appetite statement (RAS), their business model and strategy and the industries best practices;
- Production of committee/board level material/presentations providing periodic status reports illustrating the effectiveness of operational risk management control initiatives.
· Master Degree in Business Administration in Finance, Economics, Banking, statistics, Mathematics/
· Actuarial Science or related discipline
· A professional Qualification in Risk Management is a competitive advantage
Experience and Skills
- At least 5 years’ banking experience in a similar role;
- Extensive knowledge and experience in risk management practices and reporting of results;
- Good analytical skills and reporting of company risk profile
- Good understanding of the best Enterprise Risk Management practices;
- High level of accuracy in the evaluating financial records and documents;
- Sound organizational skills.
- Extensive analytical skills as well as problem identification and solving skills;
- Results orientation and high level of integrity;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Procurement management Officer
(1)· Develop the Procurement strategy and budget and ensure effective implementation in line with the overall approved Plans of the SPIU;
· Manage the procurement process to meet all the procurement needs of the SPIU in liaison with the project managers of the Renewable Energy, Affordable Housing projects and Tender Committee to ensure that purchase and contract processes including; verification and approval of purchase requests from cost centers, prequalification of vendors, development and issuance of tender documents, awarding of contracts and contract management are in line with the SPIU budget forecasts. The procurement policies and procedures of World Bank and Development Bank of Rwanda will be respected;
· Lead contract negotiations for Key Bank Vendors; including contractual terms/ conditions and pricing to ensure cost effectiveness of the purchases;
· Initiate and manage new and ongoing vendor relationships through frequent contact and discussions and formal quarterly business reviews;
· Provide strategic advice to the Bank’s management team, SIPU Coordinator and Project managers and submit periodic reports on the execution of the procurement plan;
· Continuously assess risks inherent in the procurement process and develop mitigating measures to ensure risk reduction as well as keeping an up-to-date schedule of market prices & services;
· Perform any other duty as will be tasked by your supervisors from time to time.Education
· A Bachelor’s degree coupled with a professional procurement qualification CIPS or CILT or related field
Experience and Skills
· A min of 4 years’ experience managing procurement activities; preferably in the financial services industry;
· Knowledge of the procurement regulations of Rwanda.
· Excellent negotiator (contract terms/ conditions and pricing) with key bank Vendors;
· Demonstrated effectiveness in managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
· Ability to network and interact with industry peers to understand regulatory and market trends in order to continuously improve Key Vendor relationship management;
· Proven ability to communicate effectively with Business and Technical Partners and Vendors with positive results.
Interested candidate should apply online (https://www.brd.rw/careers/) and upload application documents including Curriculum Vitae, , copies of degree certificates and professional certificates, past and current service/employment certificates (unproven experience will not be considered during the shortlisting), motivation letter, names of three previous supervisors as well as their emails and telephone. Only online applications shall be considered.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (for only inquiries)
Address all applications to the Chief Human Capital and Administrative Services of the Development Bank of Rwanda.
Deadline for application: Friday, January 18, 2019, 03:00 pm.
Details of the job descriptions are posted on BRD website: www.brd.rw
The employment package is highly competitive/attractive.
Only candidates with the right qualifications and relevant experience shall be shortlisted and contacted for an interview.
Done in Kigali, the January 10, 2019
The Young Professional Program (YPP) is a partnership between Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD) and Rwanda Development Board (RDB) that provides opportunities for young graduates to gain valuable work experience and eases the transition between school and the workforce.
YPP is an internship program that enables young graduates seeking tangible work experience and are passionate about generating innovative solutions while working in a highly conducive working environment. This contributes significantly to improving employ-ability skills whilst at the same time helping address the human resource constraints.
Please get in touch with the BRD-HR department (via email@example.com) for available opportunities in the Young Professionals Program.