The Development Bank of Rwanda is Rwanda’s only National Development Bank mandated to support Rwanda’s development goals. Of recent, the bank has undergone substantial re-organization aimed at positioning itself “To be an innovative and sustainable provider of development finance for socio-economic impact
To achieve this vision, the Bank’s new strategic plan (2018-2024) outlines three (3) key strategic themes:
- Operational Excellence,
- Strategic Partnerships and
- Dynamic Culture
To help accomplish this ambitious and exciting vision, The Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD) would like to recruit suitable qualified candidates to fill the following positions:
||Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing periodic Management Accounts and financial statements , including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, variance analysis and comments;
- Providing a support service by working with all departments and the management team to help make financial decisions;
- Ensuring expenditures are kept in line with the budget;
- Regular Budgetary controls
- informing key strategic decisions and formulating business strategies;
advising on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions;
- Analyzing financial performance and contributing to medium and long-term business planning/forecasts;
- Offering professional judgement on financial matters and advising on ways of improving business performance;
- interpreting and communicating financial data to non-financial managers;
- Liaising with other function managers to put the finances and accounts in context;
- Monitoring and evaluating financial information systems and suggesting improvements where needed;
- Implementing corporate governance procedures and risk management
- Enhance internal controls;
- Provides management and the Board with detailed analysis and understanding of revenue and cost patterns of the bank
- Maintain and track rolling forecast to take into account changes in assumptions & trends during the year;
- Provides Input into the budgeting process, particularly on overheads and capex;
- Maintains and prepares the bank monthly management accounts and board pack;
Provides regular input into updates on financial procedures/processes and policies;
- A Bachelors degree in degree in Accounting or Finance;
- Having an accounting qualification with a recognised institute (ACCA, CPA and CIMA) or being at an advanced level of such qualifications will be an added advantage
Experience and Skills
- At least 5 years at managerial level in the finance function
- Knowledge of IFRS and Rwanda tax legislation.
- Computer literacy with a high level of proficiency in spreadsheets and accounting software;
- Knowledge of Banking softwares like T24 and ERP (Oracle) would be an added advantage
- High levels of analytical skills
- High integrity and strong character
- Team player with good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Problem solver with strong analytical and numeracy skills.
- Proactive self-starter with strong organisational and time management skills.
Interested candidate should apply online ( https://www.brd.rw/brd/careers/ ) and upload application documents including Curriculum Vitae, copies of degree certificates and professional certificates, past and current service/employment certificates (unproven experience will not be considered during the shortlisting), motivation letter, names of three previous supervisors as well as their emails and telephone. Only online applications shall be considered.
Email: email@example.com (for only inquiries)
Address all applications to the Chief Human Capital and Administrative Services of the Development Bank of Rwanda.
Deadline for application: Friday, March 01, 2019, 05:00 pm.
Details of the job descriptions are posted on BRD website: www.brd.rw
The employment package is highly competitive/attractive.
Only candidates with the right qualifications and relevant experience shall be shortlisted and contacted for an interview.
Done in Kigali, the February 20, 2019
The Young Professional Program (YPP) is a partnership between Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD) and Rwanda Development Board (RDB) that provides opportunities for young graduates to gain valuable work experience and eases the transition between school and the workforce.
YPP is an internship program that enables young graduates seeking tangible work experience and are passionate about generating innovative solutions while working in a highly conducive working environment. This contributes significantly to improving employ-ability skills whilst at the same time helping address the human resource constraints.
Please get in touch with the BRD-HR department (via firstname.lastname@example.org) for available opportunities in the Young Professionals Program.