The Development Bank of Rwanda is Rwanda’s only
National Development Bank mandated to support Rwanda’s development goals. Of
recent, the bank has undergone substantial re-organization aimed at positioning
itself “To be an innovative and sustainable provider of development finance for
In order to
achieve this vision, the bank’s new strategic plan (2018-2024) outlines 3 key
To help accomplish this ambitious and exciting
vision, The Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD) would like to recruit a suitable
qualified candidate to fill the position of Credit Risk Manager (CRM):
to APPLY ONLINE
Reporting to the Chief
Risk Officer, the CRM will be responsible for the following:
- Provide the Chief Risk Officer with the support covering the
credit risk management strategy, portfolio management, policies,
procedures, processes and products.
- Lead initiatives for the development and enhancement of the
framework of methodologies for measurement of credit risk and credit
portfolio management across the Bank and associated models/processes
which include rating models (PD) and LGD / EAD measurement.
- Coordinate and oversee the collection, analysis of quantitative
and qualitative data of business processes to determine and promote data
driven business decisions.
- Maintain the current Credit Risk Management Systems for Credit
- Maintain the credit risk assessment of quality across the
portfolio and Facilitate the development of the key risk scenarios with
the Credit Risk Analysts.
- Liaise with the Credit Administration function to Develop and
enhance the Credit Risk Reporting and Monitoring framework, which meets
the requirements of various external and internal stakeholders by
designing fit for purpose information, interpret the information and
suggest actions for consideration by management and ensure timely and
accurate delivery of these report
- Assist the Bank Chief Risk Officer in carrying out the
responsibilities pertaining to Board Risk Committee which includes
preparation of the reporting pack and responding to data/analytical
requests from the committee.
- Assist the Bank Chief Risk Officer in enhancement and review of
the Bank Credit Risk Policies and Standards in order
to ensure that these reflect the best practice and regulate the
risk assets of the Bank as directed by the Board.
- Provide requirements and design inputs, particularly for the
implementation of key credit risk related projects owing to synergies (e.g IFRS9, Stress testing, ICAAP)
- Utilize mathematical and statistical knowledge to build credit
- Developing and facilitating trainings related to Credit Risk
- A master’s degree in Business Administration, Banking, Finance,
Accounting, Statistics or related field;
- A professional
certificate in risk management or similar certification is a competitive
Experience and Skills
- 5 years in the financial services sector or risk management
- Experience with credit analysis, portfolio management processes
and monitoring of outcomes;
- Knowledge of credit risk management and measurement practices;
- Solid understanding of the credit appraisal process and project
- Sound knowledge of credit rating models
- Advanced competencies in spreadsheets & financial
- Excellent negotiation, influencing, interaction and people
- Extensive analytical skills as well as problem identification
and solving skills
- Strategic and logical thinking;
- Results orientation and high level of integrity;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
Interested candidate should apply online ( https://www.brd.rw/careers/
) and upload application documents including Curriculum Vitae, , copies of
degree certificates and professional certificates, past and current
service/employment certificates (unproven experience will
not be considered during the shortlisting), motivation letter, names of three
previous supervisors as well as their emails and telephone. Only online
applications shall be considered.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (for only inquiries)
Address all applications to the Chief Human
Capital and Administrative Services of the Development Bank of Rwanda.
Deadline for application: Friday, September 21, 2018, 03:00 pm.
Details of the job descriptions are posted on BRD
The employment package is highly
Only candidates with the right qualifications and
relevant experience shall be shortlisted and contacted for an interview.
Done in Kigali, the
September 12, 2018