The Development Bank of Rwanda is Rwanda’s only National Development Bank mandated to support Rwanda’s development goals. Over the last year, the bank has undergone substantial re-organization aimed at positioning it as a “world class finance institution focused on accelerating Rwanda’s economic transformation”.
In order to achieve this vision, the bank’s new strategic plan (2016-2020) has outlined 4 key strategic themes;
To help accomplish this ambitious and exciting vision, The Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD) would like to recruit suitable qualified staff to the following position:
Duties and Responsibilities
Head of Compliance
· Provide and maintain a permanent and effective compliance function which operates independently and which has the following responsibilities;
· Monitor and assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the measures and procedures put in place in accordance with relevant banking regulations and the actions taken to address any deficiencies in the bank’s compliance with its obligations;
· Ensure that the compliance function delivers an appropriate assurance to the bank and through the output of the monitoring program oversee, review and analyses key performance indicators, reported to the Chief Risk Officer for trends and potential significant control weaknesses and regulatory issues, which require follow up and agree on solutions/actions necessary to minimize the risk of future occurrences;
· Initiates the development and implementation of policies, processes and procedures to identify,assess, mitigate, monitor and report on regulatory compliance issues;
· Regularly assess and reports to management overall compliance levels. Follow up and ensure that all key activities of the Bank are compliant with the regulatory and statutory norms;
· Set up compliance programmes to effectively detect or deter violation of laws, regulations, policies, contractual obligations and corporate code of conduct;
· To provide input to the compliance risk assessment process for the bank, together with input into the focus and scope of monitoring reviews;
· Work with the other units to agree on pragmatic solutions and action plans to issues identified from monitoring visits, both internal and external in nature;
· Keep abreast of changing laws, regulations and policies and advise management accordingly;
· Review the compliance policy &check list and advise management on improvement of the same to adequately safe guard the Bank;
· Identify compliance-training requirements that may be necessary for designated business areas, and work with the relevant heads of functions to agree on the appropriate course of action.
· To follow-up agreed management action plans from compliance, Management, Internal and External Auditor reports;
· Directing and influencing the units to assist the pragmatic and cost-effective implementation of actual and proposed regulatory change;
· Co-ordinate the development and implementation of agreed policy documents, including on-going review, to reflect legal and regulatory changes;
· Develop and oversee with the maintenance of Compliance business continuity plan;
· Ensure procedures are up-dated and reviewed to ensure they reflect regulatory/legal changes;
· Manage the delivery of presentations to the Chief Risk Officer for industry and regulatory forums;
· To provide support to other members of the Compliance team.
· Master’s degree in Law, social sciences or related discipline
· At least 5 years’ related experience in a commercial bank, development bank, or investment oriented institution in similar role.
Interested candidate should apply online ( https://www.brd.rw/recruitment ) and upload an application letter accompanied by copies of relevant educational/professional certificates together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (C.V.). Only applications on line shall be considered.
Email: email@example.com (for only inquiries)
Address all applications to the Chief Human Capital and Administrative Services of the Development Bank of Rwanda.
Deadline for application: Thursday, Jannuary 25, 2018, 05:00 pm.
Details of the job descriptions are posted are posted on the BRD website: www.brd.rw
The employment package is highly competitive/attractive.
Only candidates with the right qualifications and relevant experience shall be shortlisted and contacted for an interview.
Done in Kigali, the November 07, 2017